How to get the TWR Africa 2 Satellite Service in French / Swahili / English on the SES-5 Satellite Service:
TWR broadcasts to Sub-Sahara Africa as a free-to-air service (FTA) on the SES-5 Satellite This FTA audio channel is available in French, Swahili and English.
Setting up a Satellites Dish and Digital satellite decoder:
- Purchase a satellite dish and a satellite decoder compatible to DVB-S2 and DVB-S from a satellite installer.
- Install your dish and decoder through your local satellite dealer. It is difficult to point the dish at the exact spot in the sky. You need the following information:
- Satellite name: SES-5
- Position in the sky: 5 degrees East
- Connect the Satellite Decoder to your television and/or sound system and enter these details:
- Frequency: 11919 MHz
- Polarization: Horizontal
- Symbol Rate: 27500
- FEC: 3/4 (Some Satellite Decoders need this)
- Once the satellite dish is pointing at the right direction and this information is entered correctly, you need to scan the satellite decoder to find all the available Free-to-Air (FTA) channels.
- Find the correct channel for TWR Africa with these simple steps:
- On your Satellite remote control press the audio button or radio button. This will now change the screen to show all the radio and audio channels.
- Move up the audio channels by pressing the P+ or the up arrow button.
- Move down the audio channels by pressing the -P or the down arrow button.
- The TV screen will display some information along the bottom of the screen.
- Press the red (i) button to find out more details on each audio channel.
- When you reach “TWR Africa” you have found the right radio channel.
- For further help please contact your local Satellite Service installer.
You will now be able to listen to TWR Africa 2 broadcasting in French, Swahili and English.